family

family

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Playing Catch Up

So, let's get up to speed. Where did I even leave off?? Last I remember I was 34 weeks pregnant and had just had my first baby shower.

Since then we hit up Gaspee Days for the third year in a row. We had to ditch out early on the events due to my new rocker being delivered.



A week later my work team hosted my second baby shower. They were crazy generous! My team had all gone in on my dream stroller, Baby Jogger City Mini GT. She's a real beauty! Not only did they get me a beautiful stroller, they still all bought individual gifts as well. It was an awesome night with my fabulous coworkers. 





A few weeks later it was discovered that I had a breech baby. Lame. I was given a week to try "natural remedies" to have him turn head down. I tired chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, reflexology, moxabustion, various exercises (most of which had me on my hands and knees with my butt in the air). I even went as far as lying upside down on my ironing board which was resting on the couch. My favorite method was swimming. Not just swimming, but hand stands in the pool. At my work party. I was a pretty hilarious sight. I made a spectacle of myself swimming alone. I was desperate to turn my baby. 




Sadly, my "natural remedies" failed me and I ended up at the hospital needing an external cephalic version. It sucked. But it worked. 
I showed up at the hospital, they monitored baby for 30 minutes. I waited for the doctor to arrive. Doctor showed up along with a resident. Doctor explained how he would be turning baby from head up to head down. I held Adam's hand and the doctor went to work manually pushing baby from head up to head down. It was uncomfortable to say the least. There was one point were doctor was trying to get a good look at baby midway through the turn to make sure all was well. Resident, who was operating the ultrasound machine was struggling to get the contrast on the ultrasound where doctor could see baby. Doctor was trying to tell resident how to adjust the contrast while holding baby in a very awkward, uncomfortable position. Doctor was getting frustrated. I was starting to panic (due to the pain) and resident continued to be an idiot. Doctor finally gave up on resident and continued without the ultrasound. When it was all finished, I was shaking like crazy (partially from the injection they had previously given me to relax my uterus and partially from my emotions). I started crying. Doctor was trying to reassure me that all was well, but I couldn't focus on what he was saying. 
After another 30 minutes of monitoring baby to ensure he had handled the procedure well and was not in distress, it was time to leave the hospital with a baby in the correct position. Yeah!



Which then leads me to my 38 week belly shot. Taken on July 7, 2014. Little did I know, baby boy would be born in 10 days. More of that to come. 



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love that you are updating your your cute little one.

    ReplyDelete