family

family

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

All You Need Are Friends. . .

As we all might know, I started my first real big girl job last Monday. It was full of power point presentation after power point presentation. Lots of policy and procedure stuff, and an overload of information to say the least. I thought I was doing fine (mentally) with all the listening and learning. Come to find out half way through the week, I had myself a good cry. All I wanted was someone to vent to and listen to my sorrows (minus Adam, I think I used up all my complaining time by Tuesday). I had pretty much had it with my week, and was so happy when Friday came around. Not only did this mean the blessed weekend, it also meant I had friends coming to visit me! Real live, flesh and blood friends who knew me and didn't need to know my back story. I was so lucky (and Adam too) to have Amy and Tiffany Breinholt come for a quick visit. They were on vacation in NYC and took time off to dash over to RI for a few days. I tell you, it was just what the doctor ordered. There was plenty of giggling, talking and happiness to last me at least through this week of power points and training.
We had a good time taking "senior pictures" touring around Providence, Jamestown, Newport and Bristol. Most of all it was good just being together. Thanks girls for coming to visit, you've made me one happy girl!
Tif dared me to ride the lion at the Vanderbilt's mansion. I did.
"The Breakers" Vanderbilt mansion
Rosecliff mansion

3 comments:

  1. The only thing you're missing is the date dance pic! You know the one person behind the other with their arms clasped together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can't wait to come back! I had such a good time. Thanks again to you two for taking such good care of us. Love ya Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about wonderful tour guides and hosts! You were just what we needed too thanks for taking such good care of us! We are totally coming back!!

    ReplyDelete