family

family

Friday, October 7, 2011

Cape Cod

While eating some Cape Cod salt and vinegar chips on Tuesday, I happened to look on the back of the bag and it said they give free tours of the chip factory. I felt like I had just found Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket!! Being naturally curious, I looked it up on line and discovered that the chip factory wasn't too far away.

Which brings us to today. We went to Cape Cod chip factory for a tour. I was so excited when we arrived that I made up a song about it (I'm kind of odd). We get there and saddest day ever. . .The chip makers have the day off and are not making chips! I wanted to cry! We still got to take the tour of the factory, but it wasn't as cool to look at big metal machinery, without awesome potatoes going in and potato chips coming out.
We did get some Cape Cod chip samples, which helped to ease the sadness.
Since I was utterly disappointed by the chip factory, we decided to make things better by driving down to a lighthouse in Chatham, MA. Once we got to the lighthouse, we were doubly excited because of the awesome beach that was there.We trekked along the beach and looked at really nice, expensive houses and got blown away by the wind. Like always, we stopped for a nice picnic lunch by the water.
No, I am not pregnant. I just have my hands in my pockets.
Then we ventured to Chatham lighthouse, which was just across the street.
Finally, we drove back to Main Street in Chatham. It was a really cute town. We walked along the sidewalk and window shopped. It was a fun day in Cape Cod!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me really excited to visit! If you live so close to Cape Cod we should drive there and take the ferry out to Martha's Vineyard. Its such a fun little place!

    ReplyDelete