family

family

Friday, December 9, 2011

Duck, Duck, Duck Pin Bowling

Yeah, that's right you heard it, duck pin bowling! It's a New England thing. It's just like regular bowling...only it's not! The pins are half the size of a regular bowling pin, the ball is 3 times smaller than a regular bowling ball and has no finger holes. It's just small enough to fit in your hand (granted you have large hands).
Also, the scoring is a bit different. I'm not exactly sure how, I just know that it is. The shoes are still the same though!
I'm wicked (thank you RI for making "wicked" a legit adjective) terrible at duck pin!
Adam rocks!
Sadly, we're not near as amazing as the old-timer New Englander's that happened to be sharing the bowling alley with us that night. I tried to copy their techniques. It wasn't working for me, in fact I think it even made me worse (I'm not sure how that's possible!). Maybe next time, I'll pull out a crisp $5 and bribe one of them to teach me how to really play the game! Who could say, "no" to those faces??

3 comments:

  1. PLEASE tell me that the next time I come we can do this! It looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching you try all the different bowling techniques! Can't wait til we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am worse than you, remember?! I would blame it on the sponge, except I didn't even touch it!

    ReplyDelete