family

family

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Got a Job!!

I finally landed a job! I will be joining the team at Home and Hospice Care of Rhode Island. I will be working as a social worker on the long term care North team. I don't officially start until October 17. For now I can finally relax and stop stressing about trying to find employment.


The long story begins Wednesday, August 31. I got the call to come in for an interview on Wednesday, September 7. In my first interview I was interviewed by 3 ladies. One from HR, and 2 of the direct supervisors to the social workers. I was told they would make a decision by Friday and get back to me. On Friday, September 9, I was called to come back for a second interview on Tuesday, September 13. In my second interview, I interviewed with one of the hire-up supervisors. At the end of that interview I was told they would make their decision by Friday and let me know. On Thursday, September 17, I was called and told that an unexpected problem came up, and that they would not be able to make the decision about who would get the job until the next week, but that I was one of the top candidates. On Friday, September 18, I was called and told that they would like me to come in for a third interview with the other social workers on the North team. On Tuesday, September 20, I went in for my third interview with 3 of the social workers. At the end I was told that they would get back to me soon to let me know either way. Which leads us to today, Wednesday, September 21. I got the call this morning offering me the job! I'm still so excited, I'm not sure what to do with myself! I've seriously been put through the ringer for over 3 weeks now, and am so glad that it's over!

P.S. If you're wondering why this is the first time you're hearing about this, it's because I wanted to keep things on the down low until I knew how the job would pan out. I didn't want to to tell a million people that I didn't get the job, but now that things have turned out positive, I am shouting it from the rooftops!

P.P.S. My landlords were so excited for me, they had a party for me tonight. My landlady, Sara even made me a cake, and picked fresh flowers from her garden. I think they were more excited than I was! I love them!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited for you. This sounds like the perfect job. Its the type of social work you wanted to do. Congrats! They would've been missing out on working with a great person if they didn't hire you. Good thing they were smart! I wish you started a week later though so that you could spend every day with me while I'm down there. We need to talk plans about the trip :) Lets chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I am so happy for you. the stress is over and the work can begin!!! I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you! I am glad you got a job in hospice! You are going to do so great!!!

    ReplyDelete