family

family

Friday, September 9, 2011

Life's a Beach

Lucky for me, Adam doesn't have classes on Friday's! This means, that while I am jobless, we can have 3 day weekends! Now that Labor Day has come and gone, we are able to go to the beach for FREE! We packed up the car, bought some crabbing supplies and headed South for the beach.

Adam was super excited to step foot into the Atlantic. Also, there was hardly anyone at the beach, which made for perfect conditions.

Since our visit from Hurricane Irene, the beaches were littered with a lot of rocks and debris from the ocean. Also, the amount of clams on the beach was staggering! I took it upon myself to become. . . Julie Taylor, Clam Saver. I walked the beach and scoured the rocks in search of clams that needed to be thrown back into the water. I feel pretty good about my efforts today.


After some time of saving clams, we decided to try crabbing. Adam's been counting down the days until we could go to the beach and catch a crab. Adam worked for over an hour trying to lure the crabs into his bucket. But, alas, he did not have any success. He was able to see some crabs, but couldn't catch any. The waves were pretty big today, and kept sweeping the crabs away. Maybe another time.

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredibly fun to me! I am totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete