family

family

Friday, July 29, 2011

Same Burger, Different Town

For starters, we officially left basement camp, and moved into our apartment! Awesome, because it's ours, and it rocks. Not awesome, because there is no internet, no furniture, and it's hot. So here we sit at the Starbucks on the Johnson and Wales campus right down the street from us, sitting in comfortable chairs, in the air conditioning, with free WiFi. Can it get any better? So, now that we are internet-less, except for at Starbucks, the blogging will be a little sketchy.

Yesterday was my beach day with a few ladies from the ward. Andrea (the one who invited me) picked me up and we drove to Roger Wheeler Beach. It's at the southern most tip of Rhode Island, and is in the bay a ways, so there are hardly any waves (it's very kid friendly). We met up with Larua, and Kelly and their kids (also from the ward). We hung out in the sun, water, and went crabbing. It's loads of entertainment!
This guy was huge, and gross. I didn't dare touch them. At the end of the day, the kids had caught close to 20 crabs! It was so cool to let them go back into the ocean. I wish I had grabbed my camera!
Notice the lack of waves
After neglecting my responsibilities and husband at home, I left the beach and went back to a hot apartment to join Adam in cleaning some more (not that he had cleaned at all during the day, he was playing video games, so don't feel bad for him). We cleaned, then went Seekonk, MA for dinner. We found our local Five Guys! I was soooo happy!
It was amazing like always! Only thing that was missing was the fry sauce. I have to say, I don't think the fries are as good without the fry sauce. I think I was using the fries as a vehicle for the fry sauce.
Ketchup only! What disappointment!
It was a good day. We set up our new Aero Bed, and slept like babies in our unfurnished bedroom!

1 comment:

  1. When I come visit can we go crabbing? I love crabbing! I don't want to touch them though :) I'm so happy that you are having some great adventures! I'm jealous of you and the fun place that you live!

    ReplyDelete