family

family

Friday, August 26, 2011

Earthquakes & Hurricanes & Floods. Oh My!

Welcome to Rhode Island. The land of natural disasters! On Tuesday we felt the effects of the Virginia earthquake. Now we are projected to feel the effects of Hurricane Irene. Thankfully, by the time it gets to Rhode Island it should be down to a hurricane watch, or just tropical storm. However, there are local flood advisories for the area.

Not to worry. We've stocked up on non-perishable food, water, and other emergency items. I honestly think that everything will be fine, but I'm not taking any chances. We're keeping a close watch on the news in the event that things take a turn for the worse.

On a lighter note. Adam and I went up to Belmont, MA to attend the Boston Temple on Wednesday. We got lost in some local neighborhoods that were amazingly beautiful, and stumbled upon Penzeys Spices (only mom and Christine will really appreciate that).
In other news, I'm still on the job hunt. Nothing has happened yet, except for more tears of course. I was told by a lady who works in home health that the state of RI will not hire a social worker right out of graduate school. She said that you have to have 2 years post-graduate experience to be hired. So I cried out of defeat. Then contacted the licensing department the next day to find out for myself. Well, apparently that lady needs to get her facts checked because, she was wrong. So, I ended up feeling better about that little experience.
Anyway, so nothing else awesome and exciting for this week.




2 comments:

  1. You will find a job... I know you will! That lady needs to go to the crazy farm :) I'm glad you are so well prepared for Ms. Irene. I hope she's nice to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you guys are having fun and are safe so far. Hopefully it stays that way and you wont have to use your non perishable foods and water any time soon. Don't worry about the job. it will come. I will pray for you to get one :D

    ReplyDelete