family

family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seafood Festival!

That's right! We in Rhode Island don't have festivals to celebrate the harvest. We have festivals to celebrate the glorious seafood that surrounds us! By chance we happened upon the blessed Seafood Festival, and immediately decided it was worth checking out. We drove down to Charlestown, RI (the southern most tip of RI). There was lots of seafood to partake of, Adam tried clam cakes because we had never heard of them before. It's basically clams, inside of a fried dough ball.
We listened to some local bands play while we enjoyed some much needed shade. Then we found a petting zoo! Not really as great as a Utah petting zoo, but there was a camel and a mini donkey!
I took this photo with the llama like you would take a photo of yourself and a friend. I guess I just consider this llama and I to be good friends.
This camel was not in a good mood this day. She didn't want to come over to me to be pet. So I made a clicking sound like you would to a horse, and she turned around to see what the noise was, and I snapped a quick photo. I think she got annoyed because I did it a few more times and quit responding.
After the festival, we drove down to the beach. Sadly, most beaches in RI are state beaches which cost money to park at. In Rhode Island they are prejudice of out of state cars. It's WAAAY more expensive to park an out of state registered car than it is to park an in state car. So, needless to say we didn't go down to the beach, we just admired it from the road. On our way out we saw some cool houses that were right next to the beach. Maybe one day we'll be rich enough to rent one and stay there all summer!



4 comments:

  1. Everything sounds so fun! I'm antsy to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so...were the clam cakes any good? :D Glad you guys are having fun. BOO on the higher price for out of state cars!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you rent that house can you send us an invite?

    I'm so glad that you're blogging. You're really good at it. Your posts are funny and sound just like the way you talk plus it makes me feel close to you. Maybe you are starting to appreciate getting comments now?

    Glad the Sharpie worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your blog posts it sounds like you guys just hang out and eat all day. Sounds like the good life.

    ReplyDelete