family

family

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some Good Times, and Some Bad Times

Let's begin with the good times, because good is always better than bad. Today we went to the Culinary Arts Museum at Johnson and Wales University. It was pretty exciting! Plus, Adam got in free because he's a student! You can't get better than free admission! They have some pretty interesting items on display, but being the way I am, I only took photos with mannequins instead of cool artifacts.
This guy and I enjoying our diner breakfast!



Let's not forget giant chef potato head man! How could you not love a giant potato?

Now for the bad times. I started job searching yesterday and was feeling pretty positive about the jobs I had applied for. I got a call this morning from one of the jobs I had applied to. It was for a medical social worker for a hospice company. Basically what I was told, was that since I am new to the area, and don't know my community resources in RI, they don't want to hire me. So I had a self-pity party, and cried. I hate being rejected! Adam reminded me that it probably wasn't the right job for me and that I need to keep looking. So with my chin up, I will continue onward and upward with the job searching! Wish me luck!


1 comment: