family

family

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Power Duo

Upon moving to Rhode Island, I lived in a land of carpet. It was blissful. I could sleep on the floor and not wake up with sore hips and back. Living in Rhode Island, I discovered that carpet is pretty much non-existent. Our apartment has six rooms, and only one of them is carpeted, and it's the spare bedroom which I spend zero time in.

When we first moved in I spent hours upon hours sweeping and hand mopping the hardwood floors. My hands were beginning to blister, and my knees were in SO much pain from keeling on the hardwood for so long. I finally broke down and purchased a Shop Vac (thank you dad for your brilliance), and a Shark Steam Mop (thank you Chelsea for the suggestion). These two items have literally saved my life (and my knees). I was able to sweep and mop the entire house in 30 minutes! It was incredible.

I was so excited to use my Shark Mop, I laid in bed all night thinking about what I could mop in the morning. First thing in the morning, I jumped out of bed and mopped the bathroom. Then I re-did the kitchen just for kicks! It's sick, I know. I've never been happier! Now I love my hardwood floors because I've kicked their butts!

My new best friends in the only carpeted room in our apartment
P.S. I was so desperate for internet the other night and the library was closed, I resorted to sitting on the library steps to get a stronger internet signal. Also, my battery was dying and I was desperate to check my email. Adam thought it was a funny sight, so he took a picture of my desperation from the car.
Don't mind the nastiness of my look. I don't do my hair and makeup anymore

2 comments:

  1. I love the look and I love you. Glad that you're posting and glad you're loving Rhode Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha You sound just like me with the whole cleaning machine thing, I felt the same way about my dyson when I first bought it.

    ReplyDelete